In case you missed it see what’s in this section
If you're looking for things to do with the kids in Swindon, Roves Farm is a great choice for a family day out come rain or shine!
Roves Farm is a family run, working farm open all year round. Welcoming people of all ages to come and experience and learn about animals, farming and the countryside.
Programme of events & daily activities:
- Meet & feed the animals
- Outdoor adventure play & giant sandpits
- Tractor & Trailer rides (not running in December)
- Pets Corner – meet the goats, rabbits, guinea pigs & more
- Toddler Time & Messy Play (Term Time only)
- Activity Paddocks
- Walk-in animal paddocks
- Indoor Play Barn & Soft Play
- Outdoor picnic areas
- Seasonal events throughout the year – see below & check their website
Their Woolly Sheep Café is open every day serving freshly prepared food, from brilliant breakfasts to light lunches, or a cheeky slice of homemade cake! The neighbouring Takeaway Counter at their Farm Shop is the place to go for ice creams, slushie’s or hot & cold takeaway drinks & snacks.
Their Farm Shop & Butchery is open daily, 9am-5pm. They are proud to sell their very own Roves-reared beef, lamb, pork & free-range eggs alongside a wide range of other locally sourced produce.
On their shelves you will find a unique range of artisan breads, cheeses, fresh fruit & vegetables, homemade cakes, pies, quiches & much more. They also have an extensive range of store cupboard staple sauces, chutneys, pickled onions, jams & many more. They also stock a variety of local craft beers, cider, ales, wines & spirits plus high-quality chocolate & sweet treats. Many products are also available to buy in their online shop.
Their zero-waste pantry, Roves Refills located within the Farm Shop, enables you to shop more sustainably. Just re-use your own clean plastic containers, paper or cloth bags & jars, and fill with a range of pasta, beans, pulses, nuts, oil, fruit, grains, seeds, chocolate & even sweets.
And don’t miss the Moo Station which dispenses fresh milk, locally sourced from Berkeley Farm, which is only six miles away. Just buy a re-usable glass bottle from the Farm Shop, dispense your milk and you’re all set. Add a flavoured shot & you have a tasty milkshake to go!
Their Gift Shop stocks a varied and unique range of toys, children’s clothing, accessories, gifts & homewares. Many are handmade by local designer-makers & artists. Be sure to check it out before leaving the farm.
2021 - 2022 Seasonal Events
- Christmas Craft & Food Fair – local designers, crafters & artists plus festive food tastings. Sat 20th & Sun 21st Nov 2021. Free entry.
- Christmas Experience – Santa’s Grotto & lots more! From 27th Nov – 23rd Dec 2021. Pre-book via the website.
- Lambing Weekend – Fri 7th - Mon 10th Jan 2022
- Lambing Time – 19th March – 8th April 2022
- Mother’s Day – Sun 27th March 2022
- Family Camp Weekends – dates TBC.
Weather in Swindon