In case you missed it see what’s in this section
Recipe: Mulled Wine Cocktail
Turn your favourite winter warmer into the perfect party drink with our delicious Mulled Wine Cocktail recipe.
- 100g/4oz light muscovado sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 150ml water
- 1 lemon
- 2 clementines
- 150ml Cointreau
- 750ml/ 1¼pint bottle light red wine, such as Beaujolais
- wist of orange zest and a star anise, to serve
1. Mix together 1 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves and 150ml water in a pan, slowly adding 100g light muscovado sugar.
2. Bring to the boil and let the pan simmer for 2 minutes. Pour the liquid into a large jug and leave to cool.
3. Next thinly slice 1 lemon and 2 clementines and add them to the jug along with 150ml Cointreau and a 750ml bottle light red wine.
4. Mix the ingredients well, cover and leave to chill for a minimum of 2 hours (for best results leave over night).
5. Serve chilled or over ice, with a twist of orange zest.