click here to find out what’s in this section
Recipe: Baked Peaches with Orange Mascarpone
Baked Peaches with Orange Mascarpone is an absolute must-try this summer! TGtS' resident foodie Mel Hutchfield gave us the low down on how to whip up this wonderfully delicious seasonal treat.
Peaches are in season during the summer months of July - August. Here they're baked in wine, cooled, then served with orange flavoured mascarpone and crushed ginger biscuits for a fresh but luxurious summer dessert.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 4 ripe peaches
- 8 tsp Gewürztraminer (or other white wine)
- 3 tbsp dark muscavado sugar
- 4 ginger nut biscuits
- 150g mascarpone
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Juice and zest of one orange
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Butter the bottom of a large ovenproof ceramic dish.
3. Halve the peaches and remove the stones. Place the halves skin side down in the dish.
4. Put a teaspoon of wine into each hole left by a stone and sprinkle the whole fruit with the sugar.
5. Bake for 15-30mins until the fruit is soft but not mushy. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly before chilling in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
6. Whip the mascarpone and icing sugar gently with a hand whisk until it forms soft peaks. Be careful not to over whip, as you want the texture to stay soft.
7. Fold the orange juice and zest into the cream.
8. Crush the ginger biscuits with a rolling pin or pestle, until there is a mixture of fine crumbs and larger pieces.
9. Start by placing two peach halves into the bottom of the bowl. Add a layer of the orange cream, then repeat the process.
10. Sprinkle the biscuit crumbs over the final layer of cream.
11. Finally, drizzle over any peach syrup that has formed at the bottom of the baking dish.