In case you missed it see what’s in this section
Swindon & Wiltshire LEP (SWLEP)
The SWLEP is the Local Enterprise Partnership for Swindon and Wiltshire.
The Swindon and Wiltshire Local Enterprise Partnership (SWLEP) is a Not for Profit Company Limited by guarantee dedicated to sustainable economic growth in Swindon and Wiltshire. Their membership is open to all organisations in the area who subscribe to their purpose. Working with partners including Swindon Borough Council, Wiltshire Council, the Military, businesses and the education sector. The SWLEP sets the economic priorities for Swindon and Wiltshire and facilitates projects that help accelerate economic growth and job creation in the area.
With a highly competitive economy ranked 12th out of the 38 LEPs in England. By 2026, they want Swindon and Wiltshire to be renowned for innovation, entrepreneurialism and great quality of life.
Based on this vision, Swindon & Wiltshire LEP have five strategic objectives which are also their priorities for investment:
- Skills and talent - to enable an appropriately skilled and competitive workforce to achieve the growth ambitions.
- Transport infrastructure improvements - to enable a well connected, reliable and resilient transport system to support economic and planned development growth at key locations;
- Digital capability - to deliver excellence in digital connectivity and cyber transformation to achieve business growth, innovative public services and influence societal change;
- Place shaping - to deliver the infrastructure required to deliver the planned growth and regenerate the City and Town Centres, and improve the visitor and cultural offer
- Business development - to strengthen the competitiveness of small and medium-sized businesses and attract a greater share of foreign and domestic investment into the area.
For any further information please call 01225 713205 or visit the website.