Access Displays (Leaderboard)

Click here to submit your details and get a FREE business listing!

Your Total Guide To sport

Link Centre (Better) - Sponsor

MATCH REPORT: Swindon Town (0) V (2) Forest Green Rovers

SWINDON TOWN suffered their first home defeat in the league since September as Forest Green Rovers ran out 2-0 victors at SN1. Total Sport Swindon's Rajan Hothi gives his match report from the defeat.

Goals either side of half-time from Matthew  Stevens and Ebou Adams saw the visitors secure their first win since January.

Town made two changes from the 2-0 win against Scunthorpe United in mid-week as Rob Hunt and Keshi Anderson came into the starting eleven in the place of Tom Broadbent and Lloyd Isgrove.

The visitors were competing for a promotion spot with Swindon when the pair met at the New Lawn in December, but a run of poor form saw Mark Cooper's side drop out of the promotion mix as pressure mounts on the former Town manager to turn fortunes around at Forest Green.

However, Forest Green showed no signs of the pressure getting to them as they went ahead after just four minutes. Good work from Elliot Frear saw him deliver a cross for Matthew Stevens, who did well to slide home, to stun Town.

Swindon responded well to going a goal down, and good work from Diallang Jaiyesimi saw the Norwich-loanee find Eoin Doyle in the box, but the 31-year-old had his effort saved comfortably by Lewis Thomas.

While down the other end, the impressive Frear had the beating of Caddis and almost delivered another good cross for Stevens, but the Forest Green striker couldn't quite get on the end of it.

Cooper's side were doing a good job of frustrating Town and using the pace of Ebou Adams and Frear to get at the Swindon back-line with the home fans starting to get restless with the lack of chances for the hosts.

Swindon should've been level after 42 minutes, but some fantastic defending from Chris Stokes kept the visitors ahead. Jaiyesimi found Jerry Yates unmarked in the box, but the 23-year-old had his effort blocked on the line heroically by Stokes.

Keshi Anderson was the next player to almost restore parity, but his long-range effort cannoned off the bar, as the visitors were perhaps a little fortunate to go into the half-time break 1-0 ahead.

The second-half started with Swindon in the ascendancy as Anderson went close with another audacious strike.

However, Forest Green quickly doubled their lead just five minutes into the half. A brilliant pass from Stokes found Aitchison who saw his cross expertly headed home by Adams to put Cooper's side on their way to their first win since January.

Yates almost pulled one back instantly but had his strike hit the post on the turn, and it started to look like it was never going to happen for Town.

Admiral Muskwe and Hallam Hope were subbed on just before the hour-mark in the place of Yates and Jaiyesimi as Swindon looked for a way back into a game that was starting to escape them.

Swindon had a penalty shout after 75 minutes following a brilliant pass from Doughty that found Rob Hunt who squared the ball to Doyle, but the 31-year-old was pulled down in the area, though nothing was given by referee Craig Hicks.

The last 15 minutes saw Swindon dominate possession, but fail to break down a resolute Forest Green defence which had an answer for everything Town threw at them.

Swindon face Oldham next Saturday as Wellens looks to get one over his former employers and return to winning ways.

Swindon Town FC

Swindon Town Football Club

STFC are Swindon's top football team, based at The County Ground Stadium.

The County Ground, County Road, Swindon, Wiltshire , SN1 2ED

Jessie May
Blunsdon Fitness+
Wrag Barn Golf & Country Club
Wims11 Football Academy
Cotwold Outdoor (Affiliate)
David Lloyd
Barnes Travel
Fitness Superstore (Affiliate)
T2 Fitness Education
The Wiltshire

Weather in Swindon - Sponsored by Swindon's Bus Company

Swindon's Bus Company - Weather Sponsor