In case you missed it see what’s in this section
No matter how far away your prom in Swindon is, it's never too early to start organising. To help you make sure you've got everything covered, here is your pre-prom checklist.
We're certain that if you complete this list in time for your prom, your preperation process will be as smooth as possible!
1. Get your dress/suit
This is probably not something you need to be reminded of. But just in case, it's top of our list. While the shops are full, now's a good time to start looking at your options. If you have a date, you may want to choose a colour to match with. Don’t forget accessories and shoes; you might want to wear your shoes a few times to break them in.
2. Make your appointments
You could get your hair, makeup and nails done professionally. Salons get booked up swiftly during the prom period, so make sure you book your appointment early when you know the date of your prom. If you are doing your hair or make-up yourself, be sure to practice before hand to prevent panic on the big day.
3. Sort out your pre-prom plans
Having good pre-prom arrangements will give your night a good start. Sort out where you’re getting dinner and who with, and where you're taking prom pictures. Figure out how you're going to travel to each place, and to prom, whether it be hiring a car or limo, a friend driving, or a taxi.
4. Figure out your post-prom plans
Don't finish your night on the dance floor, make plans with your friends, even if you just go back to someone's house and watch films. Make the night last as long as possible, you will only do it once!
5. The night before
Your prom is tomorrow but don’t panic! Relax, take a shower, shave your legs and moisturise – this will save you some time tomorrow. Most important of all, get a lot of sleep! No matter how excited you are.
6. What to take with you
As always, do the "phone, keys, wallet" check. Also you should take:
- Prom ticket: It would be a disaster if you forgot this.
- ID: It's always good to have your ID on you.
- Gum: You never know when your breath will need freshening up.
- Lipstick: Lipstick fades and smudges, bring it with you to keep your lip colour looking fresh.
- Bobby pins: Prom is a long day, fix any hair fallouts with a couple of these little life savers.
- Deodorant: The stress of prom can get you flustered, bring a mini deodorant to keep fresh and some compact powder to for an oily face.
- Flats: We are all familiar with the torture of keeping those 6-inch heels on all night. Bring a pair of flats, your feet will thank you.
- Safety pins: They’re always worth packing, if you’re unfortunate enough to have a wardrobe malfunction, a safety pin could save the day.
7. Have fun!
All the blood, sweat and tears you put into this day is going to pay off! Remember to have a good time, prom is only as fun as you make it. This night is about you, your friends and your youth, so enjoy the experience as much as you can.
Weather in Swindon