click here to find out what’s in this section
Wedding Day Planning with Niche Events
If you're newly engaged, and about to embark on planning your special day, then we're here to help. The experts at Niche Events have put together a Wedding Planning time line to assist you every step of the way.
Firstly congratulations... you’ve met the person of your dreams and have decided to spend the rest of your lives together in marital bliss. It’s now time to start some serious planning and decisions making. Fret not, this is where we come in; and we will do everything in our power to help you plan the perfect wedding.
Now, all brides and brides to be will agree the detail is in the planning...you get this right and half the work is done. No doubt it can be overwhelming but you don’t want to miss out on the afterglow of the engagement by unnecessarily stressing and worrying. This is your time to shine...along with that diamond ring!
We've designed a wedding timeline after heavy research and discussing with our beautiful brides. It's always important to be realistic, this will help your wedding planning process be an enjoyable one. Basing the planning on a 12 month scale you’re sure to agree we've got it spot on.
12 months before:
1. Budget; before the fun part can begin, it's key to set up your wedding budget. Once this is in place, you will be able to plan more efficiently.
2. Plan the dates and times; Make sure there are no key events happening on dates you have selected, speak to immediate family and friends and consider a few dates.
3. Book the venue; Venues are in demand and can be booked up to two year in advance, especially popular venues. So have a few dates in mind when viewing and selecting. This would be the same for Churches and registrar office.
4. Work through the administration; such as give notice and book wedding insurance.
5. Start the guest list; Google docs has been a name mentioned a few times to us, it’s easy to work with and family and friend can access this and can amend and adjust as and when required.
6. Start deciding on key area; type of ceremony, wedding themes and colour schemes
10-8 months before:
1. Select the Bridal party - this is possibly the toughest decision to make. But it is key to have this done as soon as possible in order to start the planning.
2. Start looking for your wedding dress - try on lots of different styles, make sure you keep an open mind.
3. Start to look and choose wedding suppliers - visit, ask questions, get quotes.
4. Research into photographers and videographers -out of all your wedding vendors book your photographer first, like the venue popular photographers can be booked up to a year in advance.
5. Ideas for entertainment - think about what you want, how to entertain guests, children etc.
6. Block book your rooms for guests - normally hotels would be willing to offer discount if you meet their minimum block booking requirements and this great for guest coming from aboard of far away. Or even if you are getting married abroad and taking guests with you.
7. Cake tasting and ordering the cake - by far the most fun part of the wedding, think about the colours, themes and flavours you want
8.Booktrials with make-up and hair artists - it's a great idea to opt for a makeup artist as it allows you to relax enjoy your day however if you are doing your own hair and makeup then try a few styles and see which is best suited to you.
9. Do your engagement photo shoots - this is optional as some couple like to use the pictures for save the date cards or to display at their wedding for guest to see.
6 Months to go:
1. Send ‘Save the Dates’: it’s important to give your guests at least 6 months’ notice so they can save the date on their own calendars and plan accordingly. This is always a good idea if you are having a wedding abroad during festive/holiday seasons.
2. Order wedding invitations: the sooner you get them the sooner you can have them out and start working with numbers.
3. Book Honeymoon and travel insurance: firstly figure out where you would like to go the research into your destination.
4. Order Bridesmaids’ Dresses: These can take up to 5-6monthsto receive after ordering. The bridesmaids will need time to get alterations done so it’s always a good idea to order these sooner rather than later.
5. Purchase Wedding Bands: If you are customizing your bands with an inscription, it’s best to order them in advance in case there are any issues with sizing.