click here to find out what’s in this section
Wedding Day Planning with Niche Events part Two
In part two of Niche Event's Wedding Planning time line, they'll help you whittle down your wedding organisation to those crucial few weeks. With tips on when to send you invites and when to arrange your flowers, follow their advice to ensure your wedding goes without a hitch.
4 Months to go
1. Shop and finalise your Groomsmen Attire: Whether the groomsmen are renting or purchasing, it’s a good idea to get this sorted out a few months before the wedding to avoid any last minute mishaps.
2. Plan Rehearsal Dinner: Traditionally the Groom’s family hosts the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding.
3. Decide on Hair & Makeup: Finalise your look and make sure you have the appropriate makeup for touch-ups on the day of the wedding.
4. Hire wedding-day transport: Determine how you, your bridal party, and your families will be getting to and from the wedding locations. It’s always good to do this sooner rather than later as unique transport gets booked up pretty quickly.
5. Start thinking about favours, table decorations and wedding stationery.
2 Months to go
1. Mail Invitations: Wedding invitations are typically sent out 6 to 8 weeks prior to the wedding.
2. Agree and finalise all the wedding flowers required for your wedding day.
3. Confirm ceremony details with minister/registrar.
4. Write or decide on vows/ceremony: if you are writing your own vows, it’s a nice touch if you memorize them.
5. Purchase Day of Accessories: Figure out what you will be wearing with your dress—shoes, jewellery, veil, etc. Also, don’t forget the old adage: “Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue!”
6. Purchase gifts for parents, attendants, and each other.
7. Book your stylist and makeup artist and go for a trial.
2 Weeks to go
1. Finalise seating plan; provide supplier and caterers or your venue with a copy.
2. Provide caterers with final numbers including details of special dietary requirements.
3. Provide the photographer with a list of essential shots - make sure they take pictures of your accessories and dress. Photographers can take some gorgeous abstract shots that you can use for thank you cards later.