click here to find out what’s in this section
Festival of Lights
New for Swindon this Christmas, The Festival of Lights is a beautiful trail of light and magic for all ages, designed to guide families around the town centre.
The Festival of Lights starts on Saturday 17th November and continues with a variety of activities across the town centre including the light trail until 31st December.
The festive illuminated trail will have the whole family exploring the town centre, getting in the Christmas spirit and returning home with a massive smile on their faces!
What you'll see:
- The Parade - Giant Interactive Teddy Bear – a great attraction for kids of all ages
- Bridge Street - Glittery Giant Baubles shimmering with led lights – a great spot for those enjoying a night out to snap and share a group selfie!
- Theatre Square - A beautiful LED waterfall/fountain will be shining bright – a great spot for a‘romantic’ selfie!
- Havelock Square - Santa’s sleigh with its very own illuminated reindeer is ideal for your magical ‘family’ selfie!
- Regent Circus - A sparkling 20ft Christmas Tree can be seen from afar bringing Christmas tradition to the light trail brought to you by Regent Circus
- The Brunel Shopping Centre - The Kiss is a great interactive way to grab a kiss under the mistletoe this Christmas, brought to you by The Brunel Shopping Centre
- Wharf Green - 3D twinkling Star shining bright across Wharf Green
Pop Up Christmas Artisan Markets on:
- 8th - 9th December – 10am – 5pm
- 15th - 16th December 10am – 5pm
- 21st – 23rd December 10am – 5pm
- 29th – 30th December 10am – 5pm
Interactive Bauble Photo Booth with FREE Souvenir Photo on Sunday 25th November in The Parade, 11.00am – 4.00pm
Saturday 1st December you can find LED Drummers throughout the town from 4.30pm – 6.30pm.
Head to The Central Library for FREE LED Christmas Tree Making on Saturday 8th December from 11am – 3pm.
A Christmas Mariachi Band will be in town on Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th December from 12pm – 3pm.
Not forgetting late night shopping on Thursday’s throughout December..
Follow the light trail and take selfie’s at each of the illuminations and post them on social media - don't forget to tag @inSwindon!
For full information on all activities please visit www.swindontowncentre.co.uk/visitor-info/christmas.