In case you missed it see what’s in this section
Recipe: Cauliflower Cheese Soup
What could better after coming home at the end of a rainy day than a warm comforting soup? This has all the flavour of a traditional cauliflower cheese and can be ready in about 30 minutes...
Ingredients (serves 2-4):
- ½ an onion roughly chopped
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 250g frozen cauliflower
- 200g tinned butter beans, drained
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 200ml milk
- 80g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp parmesan
- 2 tsp mustard powder
1. Add a generous knob of butter and a splash of oil to a pan and fry the onion on a medium heat for about 10mins until it’s soft and translucent.
2. Add the stock, cauliflower, butter beans and bring to the boil.
3. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked through and soft.
4. Remove from the heat and use a stick blender or food processor and blend until really smooth.
5. Return to the heat.
6. Add the pepper, milk, cheeses and mustard powder and stir well until all the ingredients are combined and the soup is hot.
7. Serve with crusty bread.