Click here to submit your details and get a FREE business listing!

Your Total Guide To community

New College (sponsor)

Parent Advice & Information in Swindon

Are you entitled free school meals? Want to learn more about your child's health and safety? Worried about a child because of separation? Find useful links to all the information you need here.

Benefits and Free School Meals
Not sure if you are entitled to Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support? Find out here.
Need help managing your money? Find out more here.
Visit here for advice on all types of benefits.
Is your child entitled to Free School Meals?
Pupils are entitled to free school lunches if their parents or carers receive:
  • Income Support; (or Guaranteed Pension Credit for over 60 years)
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit, (but not Working Tax Credit) and who have a yearly taxable income of less that of £16,190
  • An Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
How to Apply:
You can apply for Free School Meals by completing the online form here.
Do you qualify for free milk, fruit, veg and vitamins for you and your family? - check here
Children's Health and Safety
Keeping your children safe online is a website aimed at children aged 7-11. It links to a wealth of learning and e-safety resources and includes a safe search feature. It also provides children with easy access to key educational resources, either in the classroom or at home. 
More information can be found here
Home Alone
NSPCC Guidance for parents on leaving children on their own at home (what age, do they know what to do in an emergency? etc)... View Here.
Separation and Bereavement
JKS Mediation Services provide solutions for family and community conflicts.  You can contact them by checking out their website or call 07942 828006 or email
Some information to help children cope with bereavement:
Searching for Employment
Swindon New College may be able to help with their Job Club.  No appointments or bookings are necessary, they can support you with advice and information on local job vacancies, training and career planning.
Drug & Alcohol Addiction
Paul Clarke runs a drug & alcohol addiction helpline covering Swindon. They assist parents who may have a child suffering from an addiction to various types of substances. Rehab 4 Addiction offers a free and confidential helpline for people suffering from substance addiction. If you live in Swindon, contact Rehab 4 Addiction on 0800 140 4690
Port of Call is also an experienced addiction support and care company for those who have problems with alcohol or drugs. They make sure you are not alone and provide fantastic support and information. Their network of addiction treatment specialists means they are able to help you navigate the full range of treatment options that are available, ensuring they can always offer the right help at the right time. To contact them call 0808 291 1643
New College
Jessie May
Green Labyrinth
Swindon and Cricklade Railway
OHM Clothing
TGt Recommended By
CPI Selection Finance
Wyvern Theatre & Swindon Arts Centre (Swindon Theatres)
Explore Learning

Weather in Swindon - Sponsored by Swindon's Bus Company

Swindon's Bus Company - Weather Sponsor